Sage Remote Data Access (previously known as Sage Drive) means you no longer need to be sitting at the office to work on Sage 50 Accounts.
Businesses can share a copy of the live accounts data securely in the cloud, then you and others you invite can access and work on the data from remote locations over the Internet.
Anyone who accesses the Sage Data remotely has access to the same software features as if being at the office. So for people who want to work from home or perhaps travel around, as long as they have access to an internet connection, they can access the real-time accounting data.
Remote Data Access is a solution for individuals who need to use Sage 50 frequently, and the advantages are:
- Allows home and remote working.
- Quicker access to information outside of working hours; for example, you need to send some sales invoices out at the weekend.
- No need to keep sending backups
- Sage is not installed just on the one PC.
- Accountants can also be invited as separate users, so they can adjust balances etc. or work on the accounts with no disruption to other users being logged in at the same time.
The last 12 months has given opportunities to many businesses to review their operating structure, and some benefits of home and remote working have arisen, such as;
- Cost savings – you could reduce your office overheads by having some individuals work from home.
- Childcare – staff could adjust their working hours to accommodate childcare arrangements easier or even look after their children whilst home working.
- Productivity – a noisy office can sometimes be counterproductive. If someone works better with reduced interruptions, then this could result in better output.
- Access to talent – if you don’t need your potential new employee to be local, then you don’t need to worry about your office location. Anyone can apply for a position.
- Commute – if people don’t need to be at the office all the time, why waste time and money travelling? The environmental benefit has also been apparent in the last 12 months because of reduced car emissions.
- Employee morale – some people want to work from home, perhaps because of personal or family circumstances, promoting a better work-life balance.
- Sick leave – statistics suggest that over the last year, sick leave has dropped as employees are not visiting the workplace and spreading germs.
This solution works on Sage 50 versions 26 and above, and the software needs to be installed on each device that needs to access the data.
Price Bailey is an accredited business partner of Sage and other solutions such as Xero and QuickBooks Online.
This article was written by James Elvin, Manager at Price Bailey LLP. For any questions regarding this article, you can contact James on the form below.
We always recommend that you seek advice from a suitably qualified adviser before taking any action. The information in this article only serves as a guide and no responsibility for loss occasioned by any person acting or refraining from action as a result of this material can be accepted by the authors or the firm.
For more insight, events and webinars, sign up to the Price Bailey mailing list…
We can help
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you