In our most recent video, Heidi Berry and Andrew Parsons discuss the key areas of Inheritance Tax (IHT) and provide deeper insight into some key questions you may have regarding IHT, including:
- What is IHT and when is it payable on an estate?
- If it is possible to inherit your former spouse’s nil rate band?
- Are there certain gifts you can make in your will that would avoid paying IHT?
- How can a will be drafted to maximise the reliefs and exemptions available?
- What happens if a testator has not taken professional advice?
- Our top three tips regarding how to mitigate IHT?
At Price Bailey, our IHT specialists have many years of experience supporting and advising clients in this area. If you would like guidance regarding IHT, please contact Heidi or Andrew using the form below.
We always recommend that you seek advice from a suitably qualified adviser before taking any action. The information in this article only serves as a guide and no responsibility for loss occasioned by any person acting or refraining from action as a result of this material can be accepted by the authors or the firm.
For more insight, events and webinars, sign up to the Price Bailey mailing list…